Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stir Fried Chicken and Hokkien Noodles Recipe


This would have to be one of the kids favourite meals and I love it too because I always make enough to ensure leftovers for a couple of days worth of lunches too lol.

This recipe is simple and straight forward and although I don't use a recipe as such I thought I would share my "approximations" with you.  Everyone should cook this as even my "I hate vegetables" kids chow down on this without so much as a "eww" or "I don't like..." coming from their mouths!!

STIR FRIED CHICKEN AND HOKKIEN NOODLES

1.5kg of chicken breast, cut into cubes
1kg hokkien noodles (remove these from the bag and pour over boiling water to remove the excess oil and to break them up a little so they are easier to work with)
1/4 cabbage sliced thinly
1 onion, sliced
1 capsicum, sliced
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup green beans
2 carrots, sliced julienne style
1 cup corn kernels
1 cup bean shoots
Other veggies as you wish (mine vary every time I make it)
Kepac Manis Sauce
Dark Soy Sauce

To make, simply add a little oil to your wok and cook the chicken until cooked through.  Place in a baking pan in the oven to keep warm.
Cook onion until transparent and then add the other vegetables (except the bean shoots).  Cook for a couple of minutes until veggies are just cooked.
Add in the hokkien noodles and stir through to combine.
Add in some Kepac Manis and Dark Soy Sauce until you get the desired colour/taste suitable for your family.  (The Kepac Manis sauce adds a lovely flavour and the dark soy sauce gives it its wonderful colour).
Toss in the bean shoots.
Serve and eat while hot.

I quite easily feed 2 adults and 6 children with this and still have plenty left over for lunches.  The above photo was taken AFTER we had all had a bowl, this was just the leftovers lol.  This recipe fills my wok to the brim!

No comments: