Monday, April 16, 2012

Life can be so cruel sometimes......

I seem to be complaining alot lately, I apologise for that.  Life at the moment seems to be one thing after another going wrong, some I have mentioned, others I have let slip by unmentioned.  Today though I'm mentioning because I am beginning to feel swamped by all these things.

As you may recall we had to get our precious older dog, Billy put to sleep about a month ago.  This was totally heartbreaking as you can imagine.  Things have also been going on with my stepkids which I can't really share here but these events have been consuming us and life as we know it right now seems to be in the hands of Hubby's ex at the moment.  I know that sounds confusing, and believe me it is, but lets just say that we have no idea where life will lead in the next 12 months or so when it comes down to those 2 kids.

My Mr17 bought a car a couple of months ago.  That went great for about 7 weeks.  One day he went to drive to his mates house and the Distributor Module went $320 later it was running again.  The next night he went for a drive, it overheated and cracked the radiator.  We got a new radiator and hubby fitted it only to have it die again on the way back from my ex's house where the car was.  This time the timing chain and a blown head gasket.  It sat in our front yard for a few weeks as we pondered what to do.  We couldn't really afford to fix it and Mr17 certainly couldn't.  Hubby found an older guy who owns an auto wrecker yard who also has a couple of older mechanics working there.  They fix cars as a sideline.  Well lets just say they were brilliant.  Ended up costing us just $750 for them to fix the head gasket, timing chain, a solanoid thing in the starter motor, new thermostat and water pump and another new hose.  The car now runs perfectly.  Mr17 is paying us back a little at a time.

On Saturday morning we got up to discover Mr11's beloved cockatiel, Aussie had died during the night.  We have no idea why as he was just 3 years old.  He was devastated.  It really made me look at the fragility of life and wonder why we are having so much bad luck lately.  The poor kid has now suffered two losses of his beloved pets in the space of a month, it really is unfair.

Yesterday I noticed the dog scratching and discovered fleas aaaghhh.  Today I am out to get flea treatments for the cats and dogs, there goes  a small fortune.  We have been flea free for so long, this just sucks.


Back tomorrow in a happier mood I hope!!!

4 comments:

Kimmie said...

Oh darl I am hearing you loud and clear as have been through periods like you describe. I have 2 step children (both now young adults)and interacting and maintaining a relationship with them over the years has been cause for many sighs as well as smiles.

xxx

Tania said...

Sorry to hear of your run of bad luck Colleen. For some reason it seems to happen like that. It can feel overwhelming at times, but we just have to continue on and know things could always be worse and thankful that they are not...

Just sit back and think of the good things that you do have in life and be grateful for them. Change your thinking to positive rather than negative, I have learnt this over the years...

That was a great price to fix Mr17's car. We spent the extra money to get our son a car that runs well. His has only 90,000kms on it. Mind you we have had to fix a few things on it including the air conditioner that cost $600. And on top of that hubby's car went bung and has had to be patched up until we can afford the $800 part. Always remember eBay when buying car parts, they are usually cheaper...

Our dog has got fleas too, first time ever and she is 14yo.

Just remember to smile :)

xTania

Mimi said...

Life just seems to be this way sometimes. I find it helps to tell myself 'this too shall pass', and count the many little blessings in life. You seem to have many. (((hugs)))

Niki Jones said...

Life is sometimes like that, isn't it? It sucks. We have had a really bad run here & there over the years & it makes you wonder why???
One thing after another....
I really hope it all gets better real soon.
Love to you & your family, Niki x