Thursday, November 15, 2012

Procrastination......

.....is a big word to try to type today lol.  I seriously had to actually think about how to spell it when normally it would just flow from my fingers.

I think it is just going to be one of those days where the brain just doesn't want to shift into gear.

I sat here before trying to think about dinner.  After thinking of some really yummy, healthy meals I could make, I decided that they would all take too much time, too much work and too much thinking power to bother with.  Then I remembered I had these in the freezer.....


I had grabbed these from the shop for just such an occasion as today.  The day where I just sit here looking at recipes and the food in the house and can't seem to put it all together.  This however is simple and easy.  I will just cook these up, add in a jar of tomatoes, herbs spices, hide some veggies in the sauce and boil up some pasta and throw it in all in together.  Simple and quick and the kids will enjoy it.  I'm glad I had grabbed these after they had been marked down at the supermarket...normally I would keep walking but when I saw these last week I bought them home and threw them in the freezer.  I like my homemade meatballs but today the thought of making meatballs really doesn't appeal at all, so I am going to be lazy!

Today I am feeling a bit like Shadow the Greyhound,,,,,ahh the life of a dog.......

 

 Meanwhile this little lady is full of energy.  I managed to snap her just as she came over to have  a drink.  She had been running around the house like a madwoman.  She is the most unsociable cat in the world this one, hates cuddles but then occasionally likes to sneak into the kids bed, even getting under the blankets to snuggle up along side them.  Seriously strange little cat is our little Smudge!!!



I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and being a little more productive than I am.  I hope tomorrow sees my brain kick back in as I have two cakes to bake for the kid's school Market Nite tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Niki Jones said...

Seriously those Meatballs have saved me quite a bit during the busy times. I like mine better too, but these will do & nobody seems to notice they are not homemade. The boys always go nuts when they see Spaghetti & Meatballs for dinner. Well done, Colleen. Us Mums have to stick together & sometimes 'balls from the supermarket' are just what the doctor ordered. Ha.